Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Drowning - I need a Life Rope

I felt like I was suffocating and couldn't breathe.  I was walking around in a funk, always biting everyone's head off.  I didn't mean to be nasty but I couldn't help it. I didn't know why.  I hated payday.  I knew that before the money hit the bank it would be gone.  The sad part is it wasn't on loans or credit cards.  It was on bills.  They has spirled out of control.

$789 for lights, $546 for water, $239 for cable and internet, $680 for cell phones and an ever growing grocery bill.  We were drowning in bills.  The bad part is that we didn't make most of them.  We allowed them to happen.  We had to take control of them.

We have cut out the water bill all together when we moved to the new lot.  We have a pump and a septic tank.  Savings $546.  Light bill down $150.  Savings $ 639.  Cable reduced to $39.  Savings of $200 and everyone has to pay for their own cell phone by the due date or they get cut off.   That was an instant savings and an increase to out bottom line,

I felt so much better once I admitted to and faced the bills that were sucking us dry.  Woody and I have a plan to get us out of this mud and are moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment